Chances are if you have been over to my house, you’ve eaten my mom’s pizza. Those who have all agree, it’s crazy good. Lately, I’ve taken up the family bizness, and it’s easier than it tastes. You should totally skip Pizza Hut, and come to The House of Yum. Or make your house the next House of Yum.
Mom’s Pizza Crust Recipe
- Put 2 ¼ tsp. yeast in a mixing bowl, and pour 1 cup warm water in to activate.
- Add 1 tsp. salt, and stir in 1 ½ cup flour.
- Gradually add 1 cup more flour to make a stiff dough (shouldn’t be too sticky.)
- Knead (fold dough from the edges to the center until the outside becomes somewhat smooth and firm.)
- Let rest 5-30 min. in a greased bowl. (Can refrigerate up to 3 days.)
Makes 1 thick crust or 2 thin crusts.
Add toppings (3 Tbs. sauce and whatever else you like) and bake at 500 degrees 8-10 minutes.
To make as a pizzone (crust on both sides):
Prepare toppings on half the pizza crust (minus sauce—use for dipping instead, and/or ranch dressing), fold other half over, and press edges together with fingers.
Sprinkle top with garlic salt, basil, oregano, and parmesan cheese. Bake 400 degrees for 20 min.