Fettuccini Alfredo Noodles with Chicken (Can use Shrimp instead…mmmm….see pic…with carrots and banana peppers on top 🙂
¼ cup butter, softened (we use less)
2 Tbs. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. dried basil
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/8 tsp. pepper
2/3 cup boiling water
8 ounces fettucini, thin noodles, or spaghetti
1 clove garlic, minced (can use garlic powder to taste instead)
¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese or the sprinkle kind
- Melt ¼ cup butter in microwave (covered so doesn’t splatter) and mix in parsley flakes and basil. Blend in cream cheese (may need to microwave too) and pepper. Stir in 2/3 cup boiling water. Mix well.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Put skinned chicken in a frying pan (don’t need to add anything to it—cooks in own juices) and brown on both sides, then turn to low, add some water, and cover with lid to simmer. (OR may cut into 1 in. cubes and stir-fry/brown. MUCH quicker.)
- Cook garlic in a few Tbsp. butter 1-2 minutes. Pour over noodles and stir in well.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup of the cheese, and stir again.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on top, and sprinkle with remeaining ¼ cup cheese. Add in chicken. Makes 6 servings. When reheating, add milk or water before microwaving, as it stiffens.