Chances are if you have been over to my house, you’ve eaten my mom’s pizza. Those who have all agree, it’s crazy good. Lately, I’ve taken up the family bizness, and it’s easier than it tastes. You should totally skip Pizza Hut, and come to The House of Yum. Or make your house the next House of Yum.
Mom’s Pizza Crust Recipe
- Put 2 ¼ tsp. yeast in a mixing bowl, and pour 1 cup warm water in to activate.
- Add 1 tsp. salt, and stir in 1 ½ cup flour.
- Gradually add 1 cup more flour to make a stiff dough (shouldn’t be too sticky.)
- Knead (fold dough from the edges to the center until the outside becomes somewhat smooth and firm.)
- Let rest 5-30 min. in a greased bowl. (Can refrigerate up to 3 days.)
Makes 1 thick crust or 2 thin crusts.
Add toppings (3 Tbs. sauce and whatever else you like) and bake at 500 degrees 8-10 minutes.
To make as a pizzone (crust on both sides):
Prepare toppings on half the pizza crust (minus sauce—use for dipping instead, and/or ranch dressing), fold other half over, and press edges together with fingers.
Sprinkle top with garlic salt, basil, oregano, and parmesan cheese. Bake 400 degrees for 20 min.
Fettuccini Alfredo Noodles with Chicken (Can use Shrimp instead…mmmm….see pic…with carrots and banana peppers on top 🙂
¼ cup butter, softened (we use less)
2 Tbs. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. dried basil
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/8 tsp. pepper
2/3 cup boiling water
8 ounces fettucini, thin noodles, or spaghetti
1 clove garlic, minced (can use garlic powder to taste instead)
¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese or the sprinkle kind
- Melt ¼ cup butter in microwave (covered so doesn’t splatter) and mix in parsley flakes and basil. Blend in cream cheese (may need to microwave too) and pepper. Stir in 2/3 cup boiling water. Mix well.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Put skinned chicken in a frying pan (don’t need to add anything to it—cooks in own juices) and brown on both sides, then turn to low, add some water, and cover with lid to simmer. (OR may cut into 1 in. cubes and stir-fry/brown. MUCH quicker.)
- Cook garlic in a few Tbsp. butter 1-2 minutes. Pour over noodles and stir in well.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup of the cheese, and stir again.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on top, and sprinkle with remeaining ¼ cup cheese. Add in chicken. Makes 6 servings. When reheating, add milk or water before microwaving, as it stiffens.